Privacy & security policy for personal data
Our guests are important to us and our main priority is to ensure that you enjoy your stay in our hotel. Your satisfaction and trust in Hotel Des Indes is of the utmost importance to us. For this reason, we have drawn up a privacy and security policy for customer data that describes how we use your personal data.
'Personal data': this means all information that is collected and recorded in a way in which you personally can be identified as a natural person. This may be directly, for example by your name, or indirectly by your telephone number. Before you provide us with this information, we recommend that you first read this policy. This privacy and security policy for customer data is part of the terms and conditions that apply to our (hotel) services.
In order to complete your reservation at Hotel Des Indes, we need certain data from you. We also process data in other cases, such as for information requests and visits to our websites. In doing so we also use third parties who receive certain personal data and process it on behalf of Hotel Des Indes. This is done, for example, when sending your confirmation, sending brochures and mailings, sending personal offers prior to your stay or when processing a guest survey.
At various times we are obliged to ask you, as a guest of Hotel Des Indes, for information about yourself and/or your family members. Below you can read more about the which data we process.
a. Contact data (first name, surname, address and city, telephone number and e-mail address)
We use your personal data to be able to speak to you personally in the hotel, but also in our further communication with you. These data are also necessary to record your booking and to include the data in the night register. We normally send you your booking details by e-mail. But in exceptional cases we may also send information to your home address.
It may be the case that we need to contact you about your booking. We may ring you if there are any questions and may send you a message.
You will receive an e-mail about your reservation or with your invoice and prior to your stay we also send you useful information about our additional services and, for example, activities in the vicinity, everything to make your stay with us a memorable experience. You will also receive newsletters by e-mail if you have registered for this. If you prefer not to receive newsletters and offers, it is easy to unsubscribe by clicking on the link in our newsletter.
b. Personal data (date of birth, nationality, gender, children/family composition)
Anyone who books a hotel room at Hotel Des Indes must be at least 18 years old. City tax may depend on the age of the persons staying in the accommodation and therefore we require dates of birth. If you or someone travelling with you has a birthday during the stay, we would like to remember this and do something that little bit extra to mark the occasion. It also means we can prepare the room optimally for the age of the guests and the composition of your family; for example, provide a cot or children’s bed.
c. Payment data
To pay for your booking we use a secure payment environment. If you pay with iDeal or by transfer, your data is stored in our administration to link the payment to your booking. We only make further use of your bank account number if you receive money back from us. If you pay by credit card, we send your credit card details from our secure environment directly to our credit card partner. Our partner carries out our credit card payments and tells us whether your payment has been successful. The data concerned are stored securely so that we can charge any extra payments to your credit card. Of course, you will always receive a statement of these payments from us.
d. Data relating to your stay (arrival and departure dates, preferences and interests)
The arrival and departure date of your stay in order to execute the agreement with you, as well as any preferences in order to fulfil your wishes as optimally as possible, for example: dietary requirements, desired floor, bathroom preferences and certain newspapers.
e. IP addresses
We, or third parties on our behalf, may search for your IP address on the internet. We remember your preferences and can therefore give appropriate advice. This can also be used for fraud protection.
f. Persons under the age of 18
The information collected on persons under the age of 18 remains limited to their name, nationality and date of birth. These data may only be provided to us by an adult. We would appreciate it if you ensure that your children do not send us any personal data without your permission (specifically via the internet).
Personal data may be collected at different times and include:
a. Hotel activities
- Booking a room
- Checking in/out, parking and paying
- During your stay at the hotel (for example, camera surveillance)
- Eating/drinking in the hotel bar or restaurant during a stay (incl. table reservation)
- Requests, complaints and/or disputes
b. Participation in marketing programs or events
- Registration for our loyalty programs
- Participation in surveys among guests (for example, a guest satisfaction survey)
- Subscription to our newsletter in order to receive offers and promotions by e-mail
c. Transfer of information to third parties
- Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems, etc.
- Organizers of events in our hotel (rooming list with names of the guests participating in the event)
d. Internet activities
- Connection to Hotel Des Indes website (IP address, cookies) or Wi-Fi networks
- Online forms (online reservations, questionnaires, Hotel Des Indes pages on social media, network registrations such as a check-in on Facebook, etc.).
We collect your personal data for the following purposes:
a. To fulfil our obligations towards our customers
b. To manage room reservations and accommodation requests:
- Creation and storage of legal documents in accordance with accounting norms.
c. To manage your stay at the hotel:
- Check your use of our services (telephone, bar, etc.)
- Management of room access (key system)
- Internal management of lists of guests who have not behaved appropriately during their stay at the hotel (aggressive behavior, violation of the contract with the hotel, violation of the safety regulations, theft, damage and vandalism, or payment problems).
d. To improve our hotel service, i.e.:
- Processing of your personal data in our customer marketing program for marketing activities, for promotions and to obtain a better understanding of your requirements and wishes
- Modification of our products and services so we can respond to your requirements more effectively
- Analysis of contact moments to provide you with better information
- Customization of commercial offers and the advertising messages we send
- To inform you about special offers and new services of Hotel Des Indes.
e. To manage our relationship with guests before, during and after their stay:
- Management of our loyalty program
- Provision of data for the guest database
- Segmentation based on the guest’s reservation history and travel preferences in order to send targeted communication
- Prediction and anticipation of future booking behavior
- Analysis of statistics and commercial scores, and making reports
- To consult the preferences of new or returning guests and management of these preferences
- To send our newsletters, promotions and offers of hotels and services or to contact you directly by telephone. If you prefer not to receive newsletters and offers, you can simply unsubscribe by clicking on the link in the newsletter
- Management of requests to unsubscribe from newsletters, promotions and offers.
f. To engage a reliable third party to enable us to use your collected data to send you personalized offers.
g. To improve the Hotel Des Indes services by carrying out surveys, analyses of questionnaires and complaint management and guest feedback.
h. To protect and improve the use of our website, specifically:
- Improvement of navigation
- Implementation of security measures and fraud prevention
i. To comply with local legislation (for example the storage of accounting documents)
j. To guarantee your safety and of our other guests, personnel, our building and property.
k. We sometimes use guest data to investigate, prevent and combat fraud. In some circumstances we are legally obliged to pass personal data to relevant organizations.
Our aim is to provide the same service during every stay. For this reason and to guarantee that you have access and correction rights we share your personal data with internal and external recipients under the following conditions:
a. Within the hotel we may share your personal data and give access to them to authorized personnel, including:
- Hotel personnel
- IT department
- Commercial partners and marketing agencies
- Legal services, if applicable
b. With service providers and partners: your personal data may be sent to a third party with a view to providing services and improving your stay, such as for example external service providers, IT subcontractors, banks and credit card companies, exclusively for the purposes described here.
c. Local authorities: We may be obliged to send your data to local authorities if this is required by law or as part of an investigation and in accordance with the local regulations.
In accordance with the applicable provisions, Hotel Des Indes takes all appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against misuse, unlawful loss or unauthorized use, disclosure or access. For this purpose, we have taken technical measures (such as firewalls, monitoring of file access) and organizational measures (such as training of personnel in privacy awareness, a robust username/password system, physical security, etc.). If, despite these measures, a data leak occurs, we have a procedure in place to report this in the correct manner.
We also expect that external parties who process personal data for us have taken the required contractual and organizational measures to do this as safely as possible and we require them to guarantee that they will only process your data for the purposes described here. We record this formally as far as possible and supervise this where possible. In addition, we keep an up-to-date overview of these external parties and which specific data they process on our behalf and for what purpose.
If you use credit card data to make the reservation or give us other personal data online when making the reservation, technology is used to guarantee safe communication.
Legislation stipulates several principles for the processing of personal data. This mainly concerns the processing of data based on:
- an agreement;
- a justified interest in Hotel Des Indes;
- a given consent;
- a legal obligation.
We mainly use your data in connection with your booking and therefore based on an agreement with you. Your booking is recorded, and we do everything further to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Additional contact moments, such as reviews, marketing activities and the recording and analysis of your activities take place in connection with a justified interest in Hotel Des Indes. You can also register for a newsletter yourself. In this case you give us permission to use your data for this purpose. There are also legal obligations, such as the inclusion of your data in the night register, for example.
Hotel Des Indes has drawn up this policy so that you know what we do with cookies and to give you more information on:
- The origin and purpose of the data that are processed when you visit our websites
- Your rights relating to cookies and other trackers we use
2. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or other device when you visit a website. By placing these cookies, Hotel Des Indes can provide you with a better service immediately and in the future. Both Hotel Des Indes and the other parties that we work together with (such as Google) may place cookies on your computer and other devices.
There are different kinds of cookies:
- Session cookies are deleted as soon as you close the browser or leave the website
- Permanent cookies remain present on your machine until their expiry date unless you delete them using your browser
3. Why are cookies used?
Technical cookies are strictly necessary to browse on Hotel Des Indes websites and to use all functions of these websites, in particular for:
- Management of authentication of website visitors and the corresponding security measures, and ensuring the correct operation of the authentication module
- Optimization of the user experience and making browsing on websites more user-friendly, to set the technical routes for browsing
- Storage of data relating to the cookie information banner that is displayed to website visitors who, after accepting cookies on their device, continue the website
- Implementation of security measures (for example, if after a certain time you are asked to register again for content or a service, or to enable basic functions of Hotel Des Indes websites and the use of important technical functions of these sites, such as keeping track of performance and errors on the website, management of user sessions, etc.)
Functional cookies are used to improve user friendliness, such as, for example:
- Changing Hotel Des Indes websites on the display settings of your device (language, currency, screen resolution, control system, configuration and settings of the display of webpages based on the machine you are using and machine location, etc.)
- Storage and changing of specific data that you enter on Hotel Des Indes websites to facilitate subsequent visits
- To enable you to open your personal pages more quickly by storing registration data or data previously entered
In some cases, the (future) social network applications on Hotel Des Indes websites may identify you, even if you have not clicked on the sharing button. This button can allow a social network to remember your browsing behavior on Hotel Des Indes websites, simply because your social network account was active on your device (open session) while you were browsing.
We recommend that you read the policy of these social networks and familiarize yourself with how they use the browsing data they may collect, with regards to advertising. The specific aim of this policy is to enable you to make choices about these social networks, by configuring your user account for these networks.
The installation of certain cookies is subject to your permission. If you are visiting the Hotel Des Indes websites for the first time, you are asked whether you agree to the installation of this type of cookie. This type of cookie is only activated once you have given your permission.
This process is supported by means of an information banner on the start page of the Hotel Des Indes websites; this banner informs you that you agree to the installation of cookies on your device for which your permission is required if you continue to browse on the website.
You can change your settings at any time using several different methods described below.
You have the right to access your personal data as collected by Hotel Des Indes. If requested, we will tell you which of your personal data we process. In addition, you can access these data and if necessary, update, modify, delete or protect them, for example if they are incorrect. This may mean that you can no longer use (part of) our services or we may not be able to provide you with the best possible service.
For the purposes of confidentiality and protection of personal data, we may ask you to identify yourself. You are then requested to send a copy of an official proof of identity, such as a driving license or passport. We kindly request that you always block out your civil service (BSN) number and photograph or render it illegible. There are also apps and templates available to visually block this.
We will reply to all requests as quickly as possible, at the latest within 14 days, and in accordance with the applicable legislation. If you have a complaint relating to the processing of your personal data, you may also contact the relevant public authority (for the Netherlands: Data Protection Authority ('Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens'), https://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/).
- We may change this policy from time to time. We therefore recommend that you consult the policy regularly, particularly when making a reservation at one of our hotels.